November 13, 2014

Bill P
Avid Sportsman

November 13, 2014

Postby Bill P » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:53 pm

If anyone is still out there on this site (besides Turbotwist), here's a few pictures to help you through the long winter. I will post a video as quickly as possible, too--might as well really jazz up this report.

The fishing on the Big M was pretty slow as of last week due to very high water levels. Heck, the one steelhead we took was over several feet of water in a spot that is typically dry land! This will change as soon as the river level is lowered for the winter. They have to regulate this so that there is not too much water behind the dam when the spring thaw occurs. As always the scenery was spectacular. And steelhead stew for lunch on the river is always a highlight of our trips.

The brown trout was a gorgeous fish and maybe the prettiest freshwater fish I have ever caught. I am trying to set up another trip around New Year's weekend, so keep an eye out for that report.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/e-qzzg16ecY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Return to “Manistee River”